Sunday, May 22, 2016

This is it

life is a blur. one simple blink and you might just miss it. I remember kindergarten when I couldn`t wait to grow up and be like the cool kids so I would close my eyes and dream and when I opened them I was there in the second grade, but I was still me.
Life was way too slow, it felt like someone had put me on the creepy small world ride at disney land, but dang no I wanna be on the space mountain ride!
Swarmed with anger I clenched my fists and "blink"
fifth grade, I meet my greatest friend of all time and sports is life.
I`m out playing touch football with my friends I`m wide open for the big touchdown throw, it`s all coming in slow motion right into the path of the sun it goes and I cant help but to "blink"
.Its eighth grade, coach wants me to try for the basketball team next year, I already have a guaranteed spot on the tennis team. Life is pretty good I have my group of friends and I`ve started to get to know the girls pretty well, mom walks up. the truck is packed and we`re ready to go. Tears are welling up but I`m a man I gotta hold them back so I "blink".
 Utah, 9th grade why aren`t I in high school? I go quiet, I stop playing, my grades drop down to meet with my moral this sucks why am I here "blink".
 look up end of sophomore year I have a group of guys with me, look down look back up again suddenly my man steve is on a horse in the parking lot, must be senior year. I know a lot of people who knows how many actually know me who cares? less worry more courage. blink,
 college suddenly I`m on my own I have to forge my own path I have to pay for the tools to do so, my backpack is getting heavy "blink"
mid 30`s I'm married have a few kids and cant tell if I live to work or work to live this computer sucks my job sucks the dang cable is on the fritz again ugh "blink"
 50`s. kids are going to college the house is getting larger but my hair seems to be shrinking "blink" 65 I cant figure out how to get the dang printer to work, the kids don`t visit me It`s just me and my wife "blink".
 80's I`m alone. nurses everywhere but they`re only there to get me my stupid prune juice, otherwise I might just pop from the pressure build up it hurts to get up I "blink".
I don`t know how old I am everything is white I look at the ceiling I can see me, and all that I missed in between the blinks.
"blink"

1 comment: